Ratio Games Forums
BAD NEWS: Ratio Games is closing down forever until further notice. The reason is because the forum has been a burden since day one, and because I do not think I am mature enough to run the forum. I will not be deleting it, but it will be in "under construction" mode.
Ratio Games Forums
BAD NEWS: Ratio Games is closing down forever until further notice. The reason is because the forum has been a burden since day one, and because I do not think I am mature enough to run the forum. I will not be deleting it, but it will be in "under construction" mode.
Ratio Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ratio Games Forums

HomeHome  The PortalThe Portal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chess  Checkers  

Bad News: Ratio Games forums will be closing forever until further notice. The reason is because this forum has been a burden since day one, and also because I do not think I am mature enough to run it. I will not be deleting it, but I will put it in under construction mode until I am ready to run it again. The good news, though, is that the technical issues have been fixed. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused for my co- admin, and to our loyal members.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:50 am
Affiliates
Wii Gamers

DS Phat, Lie, or i?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
level 4
Ghost

Male Number of posts : 16
Ratio Tokens : 55160
Registration date : 2009-04-06

DS Phat, Lie, or i? Empty
PostSubject: DS Phat, Lie, or i?   DS Phat, Lie, or i? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Which do you own? I personally own both a Phat and a Lite, and might get the DSi once I can muster up enough extra cash. I'm looking forward to the features it has honestly, can't wait.

Which ones do you onw, or none at all?
Back to top Go down
sonicjesusfreak
Co-Admin
sonicjesusfreak

Male Number of posts : 18
Mood : Sega-ish
Ratio Tokens : 55556
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: DS Phat, Lie, or i?   DS Phat, Lie, or i? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 am

Non currently. I really don't have any extra cash right now so I won't be getting one soon.
Back to top Go down
NintendoGamr123
Admin
Admin
NintendoGamr123

Male Number of posts : 92
Mood : Like listening to some killer N64 game soundtracks
Ratio Tokens : 58095
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: DS Phat, Lie, or i?   DS Phat, Lie, or i? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Same here, ghost, but My DS phat is a little worn, screenwise. The top screen has dust all in it. I'm working on going to nintendo.com and ordering the DS phat's replacement screen set. The touch screen is pretty fine, but the top screen needs the work. It's all scratched and underneath there's a lot of fuzz, residue, and dust from my spiked hair. (I use a LOT of hairspray and moose, as could be told by looking at my photo in the gallery.) If you don't believe dust can get under there, it CAN, if your DS is worn enough. My DS lite's in better condition, but there's a little dust in there, but not very much, just a smidgen.

Anyway, when I get the replacement screen, I'll pop the old one off, wipe the LCD underneath with a damp rag and then dry it with a dry one (I only use Eyglass cleaning rags, or nintendo made rags. I know what you're thinking: It'll break it! No, you can wipe the LCD of the gameboy micro, so I'm assuming you can do the same with a DS.) and then put the new screen on. Simple!
Back to top Go down
https://ratio-games.forumotion.net
Shinx
Global Mod
Global Mod
Shinx

Female Number of posts : 16
Ratio Tokens : 54620
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: DS Phat, Lie, or i?   DS Phat, Lie, or i? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:09 pm

I have a DS Lite - don't see much point in getting the DSi as I wouldn't be able to play GBA games Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.herpuniverse.com
NintendoGamr123
Admin
Admin
NintendoGamr123

Male Number of posts : 92
Ratio Tokens : 58095
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: DS Phat, Lie, or i?   DS Phat, Lie, or i? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Actually, I found the DS lite unable to properly plasy GBA games such as Super Mario Bros, or any mario platformers. The reason? The way the buttons are designed. Games that use the B button to run and the A button the jump are hard to play because the buttons are so raised up. Which means while you're running, your thumb can't press the A button at the right time and pace, so you end up falling into a hole. Stupid buttons! The DS phat can play GBA games better. Why? The buttons are raised at the appropriate level. Personally, the DSi has fixed the raised up buttons problem, and the arrow pad is better, too! (The arrow pad clicks a little bit, and it's such a satisfying sound!) Games such as Super Mario 64 DS are easier to play with the DSi's arrow pad. Nintendo finally did somethuing about the Overall DS handheld arrow pad. The phat's arrow pad has ridges at the edges, so moving around in circles hurts your thumbs (Which makes swinging bowser around feel like heck), The lite's arrow pad is too raised up, which still makes some control hard to do, but the i's arrow pad is just right. (but some of you may find the clicking disrupting to your experience)
Back to top Go down
https://ratio-games.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS Phat, Lie, or i?   DS Phat, Lie, or i? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DS Phat, Lie, or i?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ratio Games Forums :: Game Systems :: Nintendo DS-
Jump to: